Trying to discern what God’s will can be vexing. Where does my will end and God’s will begins?
Many people would say pray to determine what God’s will is. I firmly believe that God answers all prayers, the problem that we have is that the answer is sometimes No. God answers prayers with:
God will answer No to those requests that don’t conform to His will. By praying those prayers that are answered Yes you will be conforming to God’s will. What prayers are answered Yes to?
I read a book a while back that was very helpful: Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To, by Anthony DeStefano. He posits that God always answers Yes to the following prayers:
- God, show me that you exist
- God, put people in my path so I can be an instrument of your love and peace
- God, outdo me in generosity
- God, get me through this suffering
- God, forgive me
- God, give me peace
- God, give me courage
- God, give me wisdom
- God, bring good out of this bad situation
- God, lead me to my destiny
You don’t have to believe this completely. Believe it just enough to put this into practice. Prayer takes time and effort, but it is worthy of that time and effort. Good luck!
Yours in recovery, Bill R