Use the inventory below to see if you may be depressed or unhappy. “Circle those that you have experienced over the past two weeks.”
- Have you had a change in appetite (15 lb. gain or 15 lb. loss in weight?)
- Shifts in sleeping patterns (too much sleep or not enough). Waking up early.
- Tired all the time
- Agitated or increased activity – always on the go
- Loss of interest in daily activities and/or decreased sexual drive
- Withdrawing from others and wanting to be alone most of the time
- Weeping/not being able to cry
- Lapses of memory
- Fear of losing one’s mind
- Reluctance to take risks
- Suicidal thoughts
Note: If you or someone you know is experiencing at least four of these signs of depression for more than two weeks, it’s recommended that you consult a mental health professional. We also recommend that you attend a Depressed Anonymous meeting.
SOURCE: Depressed Anonymous, 3rd edition. (2011) Depressed Anonymous Publications. Louisville.