- Today I can experience hope. I will believe I can live this day with pleasant, thoughts. I will do one activity that will give me hope and light for today.
- Today I will “not” dwell on the past and the losses that have occurred up until those times and space.
- Today I will “do” whatever I can put movement into my life. Any small effort will help lessen the feelings of the stagnant sadness of depression.
- Today I will look forward to seeing a rose, the sunshine, a precious person – be it a baby laughing, a child at play, an elderly person on a park bench, and let myself believe that we are “all” of infinite value and vey loved.
- Today I will embrace myself in some small way and this may be going to lunch with a friend over coffee, or ice cream or a good brisk walk to the park or around the mall, or just a smile into my mirror and back at me. I will believe that I am worthwhile and worth the effort to recover today.
- Today I will believe I can live this entire day “hopeful” and that I can return to the above activities anytime and as many times as I need to just for today.
Mary- A Member of the Depressed Anonymous Fellowship
SOURCE: Depressed Anonymous, 3rd edition. (2011) Depressed Anonymous Publications. Louisville. KY. (Personal Stories #21.)